Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Virtual world industry leaders forecast 2008

VWN is offering a report that details the response of 45 virtual world managers and leaders to a five-question questionnaire that asked:
  1. What are your top 3 trend predictions for 2008?
  2. What business goals have you set for 2008?
  3. What challenges do you expect 2008 to bring for the virtual worlds industry?
  4. A number of new platforms are launching in 2008. What are the biggest impacts this will have on the industry?
  5. How will the above changes affect your specific segment of the industry in 2008?
To order the Virtual Worlds Management Industry Forecast 2008, simply send an e-mail to to address listed at the former link and you'll receive a PDF copy of the report in your e-mail.

I found this a fascinating read and I'll have to read it again to compare the disagreeing statements. A number of the respondents were at the recent Virtual World Conference in San Jose and I appreciate the chance to read what they had to say. As you might expect, some had very different opinions regarding the upcoming months. I also noted that education seemed to figure prominently in a number of forecasts as did the expected strong growth in virtual worlds for children.

My only druthers for this report would have been to have the company name repeated after the name in each response since I don't know all of the responders by name and I couldn't follow their association with the industry from question to question.

2 comments:

Lisa Resnick said...

I'm personally a big fan of Virtual Horizons blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path service

Clipping Solutions said...


Very Nice Blog I Have Read Your Blog It Is Really Interesting And Useful.
Background Removal Service